Step 1: Review admission requirements
The academic requirements below have been established by the Office of Graduate Studies and are the minimum required for entry into a graduate program at UOIT. Some programs may have additional requirements which could include higher GPA requirements than those listed below. For program-specific requirements, please visit the individual program pages for more information.
International applicants can review the UOIT International Admissions Credentials document for graduate admission equivalencies for international documentation.
- Hold a four-year honours degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution in the same area of graduate study or a closely related subject.
- Overall academic standing of at least a B average (GPA: 3.0 on a 4.3 scale or 73 to 76 per cent), with a minimum B average in the last two full-time years (four semesters) of undergraduate work or equivalent.
- Completion of a research project or thesis-based master's level degree from a recognized institution in the same area of graduate study or a closely related subject.
- A minimum B+ average (GPA: 3.3 on a 4.3 scale or 77 to 79 per cent).
- Hold a four-year honours degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution in the area of graduate study or a closely related subject.
- A minimum B-minus average (GPA: 2.7 on a 4.3 scale or 70 to 72 per cent).
- Satisfaction of minimum entry conditions does not ensure admission.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are only required for the MSc and PhD in Forensic Psychology. Additional details are available from the individual program pages.